PTS continues to build upon our Storage & Data Protection Consulting Services aimed at providing the right storage solution for our client’s needs. Therefore, the IT-side of this month’s Solutions Showcase provides an overview of our newest storage and data deduplication solutions.
Compellent Fluid Data Storage solutions and ExaGrid Systems Disk-Based Backup with Dedeplication solutions add additional depth to the PTS storage portfolio.
Compellent Fluid Data Storage
With a powerful data movement engine, intelligent software applications, and an open, agile hardware platform, Fluid Data storage is an enterprise-class solution which actively and intelligently manages data at a more granular level to cut cost, time, and risk.
Fluid Data storage dynamically moves enterprise data to the optimal tier based on actual use. The most active blocks reside on high-performance SSD, Fibre Channel, or SAS drives, while infrequently accessed data migrates to lower-cost, high-capacity SAS or SATA drives. The result is network storage that’s always in tune with application needs, plus overall storage costs cut by up to 80%
The Fluid Data storage intelligent software applications enables enterprises of all sizes to move beyond simply storing data to actively, intelligently managing data. Powerful network storage software with built-in intelligence and automation optimizes the provisioning, placement and protection of data throughout its lifecycle.
Unlike network storage systems that require organizations to rip and replace hardware as business needs change, Compellent storage uses standards-based hardware and supports new technologies on a single, modular platform. Users can mix and match drive technologies such as SSD, FC, SAS and SATA, and utilize a range of interconnects – from FC to FCOE and iSCSI to 10GbE. Plus, fully redundant hardware components and advanced failover features ensure no single point of failure for high enterprise data availability.
To learn more about Fluid Data Storage, Click Here.
ExaGrid Systems Disk-Based Backup with Deduplication
ExaGrid’s EX Series disk-based backup with deduplication revolutionizes how organizations backup and protect their data. By leveraging your current backup application and replacing tape in your nightly backup process, ExaGrid’s simple, turnkey appliance can:
- Reduce the disk space required by at least 10:1, and up to 50:1
- Shorten your backup window by 30-90%, ensuring all of your data is fully protected
- Improve your disaster recovery plan through off-site disk-based retention of your data
- Reduce the amount of time your IT staff spends on managing backups
- Scale easily and cost-effectively with your data growth
- Fully protect your virtualized environment
- Reduce other costs associated with tape-based backup
The six core ExaGrid disk-based backup appliances include GRID computing software which allows them to virtualize into one another when plugged into a switch. As a result, any of the six appliance models can be mixed and matched into a single GRID system with full backup capacities up to 100TB (6 PB logical). Once virtualized, they appear as a single pool of long-term capacity. Capacity load balancing of all data across servers is automatic, and multiple GRID systems can be combined for additional capacity. Even though data is load-balanced, deduplication occurs across the systems so that data migration does not cause a loss of effectiveness in deduplication.
ExaGrid’s unique approach to scalability provides the following benefits:
- Performance is maintained as your data grows – each additional ExaGrid server added to a system provides disk, processor, memory and GigE
- Plug and play expansion – adding an additional ExaGrid server is as simple as plugging it in and letting ExaGrid’s automatic virtualized GRID software do the rest
- Cost-Effective and Flexible Solution with No “Forklift” Upgrades – no need to over-buy storage capacity up front – modular systems are easily combined in a virtualized GRID to smoothly scale up for larger capacities as needed with no painful “forklift” upgrades.
- Capacity utilization is load-balanced across servers – as a single server reaches full utilization, it can leverage space available on other servers in the GRID
To learn more about the ExaGrid EX Series, Click Here.