PCI 11.1 mandates retailers must execute a wireless scan once per quarter, per store. Given that on average a scan runs ~$300, for a 700 store retailer that equates to an $840,000 annual expenditure. Worse, retailers that fail Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) audits can be fined hundreds of thousands of dollars.
As such, PTS’ IT Solutions Group has teamed up with Fortinet as our ‘go to’ supplier in helping our retail clients reign in these costs and ease management of PCI compliance. And, not just we recognize that, check out the IDC, Gartner, and Frost Market Summary Report.
Fortinet’s FortiGate/FortiWiFi-80C series of consolidated security platforms deliver complete security for branch offices, service provider customer premise equipment (CPE), retail networks, and mobile point-of-sale applications – all for less than $1,000 per store…
- Delivers up to 1.9 Gbps firewall throughput with 2 GbE and 7 10/100 interfaces
- Integrated all-in-one security delivers enterprise-class threat protection for remote locations and smaller networks including Full Content Inspection for PCI DSS 1-12: IPS, AV, Web Filtering, SSL VPN, IPSEC, Application Control, Unlimited Users etc., and No Per Seat or Per Application Charge (See FortiOS)
- Internal storage provides local archiving of data for policy compliance or WAN optimization
- PC Card slot supports broadband wireless such as EV-DO, W-CDMA, HSPA, and GPRS, which provides mobile network connectivity for remote deployments, or as a backup solution
- A single pane of glass management console makes it easy for you to deploy and manage.
- ExpressCard slot supporting 3G WAN connectivity and back-up modem (FortiGate-80CM, FortiWiFi-80CM)
Retailers can ease their PCI security work when it comes to finding a single device for a retail location with the ability to support over 10 different store level applications, including broadband / routing, point-of-sale, video surveillance, guest WiFi, digital signage, traffic counters, manager/training workstations, kiosks, district manager laptop and inventory management systems. The Fortinet FortiWifi solution, a.k.a., “Branch in a Box,” is the driving force behind the powerful Return on Investment (ROI) model that makes the Fortinet PCI compliance solution so compelling.
Click Here for the Fortinet Assessment Readiness for PCI DSS white paper.
Call us today if you would like to learn more.
President & Founder
PTS Data Center Solutions, Inc
Experts For Your Always Available Data Center