Mike Petrino, Vice President for PTS, Selected as a VP for the NY Metro Chapter of AFCOM
PTS is happy to announce Mike Petrino was selected amongst several candidates to join the board of the NY Metro Chapter of AFCOM. Mike is very active with AFCOM in the New York area as well as at the national level. In the past, he has presented at the Data Center World international conference, which draws thousands of AFCOM members each year.
Andrew Graham, Senior Data Center Solutions Professional, Elected to Board of Directors, AFCOM Midlantic Chapter
PTS is pleased to announce Andrew Graham was elected to the Board of Directors for the Midlantic Chapter of AFCOM. Andrew has been extremely active in this chapter, has spoken at its annual joint event (with NY Metro Chapter) in Atlantic City, as well as participating in other chapter events.
Both Mike and Andrew plan to have active roles in shaping the direction of their respective AFCOM chapters and look forward to providing unique perspectives on the best ways to deliver 24×7 data center operations.
PTS President, Peter Sacco, was quoted in a recent Computerworld online article regarding how climate change is causing some IT leaders to consider relocating, or at least hardening, their facilities. Given the dire warnings about climate change, some business leaders and IT professionals are pondering this question: How should data center managers handle the crop of so-called 100- and even 500-year storms, coastal floods and other ecological disasters that climatologists predict are heading our way?
Data Center Renovation:
8 Warning Signs Your Data Center Needs an Upgrade
TechNews Magazine, July 2013
Just like your home, data centers hit a point where slapping some paint on the walls (or adding additional rack UPS or portable cooling systems (e.g. standing floor fans) to mask inherent design flaws, failures, or issues will no longer suffice. An investment in data center renovation will keep your data center running much more smoothly and will help minimize the chance of a disaster. Consider the following warning signs, and what you can do to fix each issue, to keep your data center shiny and new.
Ernst & Young Names Pete Sacco Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Finalist in New Jersey
Franklin Lakes, NJ, May 3, 2013 — Pete Sacco, President & CEO of PTS Data Center Solutions (“PTS”), was named a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 Award in the New Jersey Region. The awards program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These finalists were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at the Hyatt New Brunswick.
PTS President, Peter Sacco, was quoted in a recent SearchDataCenter online article:
“PTS Data Center Solutions Inc. is renovating its cooling method to a more efficient system. We’re upgrading the cooling system to a very efficient chilled-water, in-row approach,” said Peter Sacco, President of PTS.
PTS President, Peter Sacco, was quoted in a recent Computerworld online article:
“For instance, the data center response to Superstorm Sandy, on the East Coast at least, “is nothing more than hardening existing centers,” says Peter Sacco, Founder and President of PTS Data Center Solutions, a data center design and consultancy firm in Franklin Lakes, NJ. On the other hand, he says, because computers are networked, that de-emphasizes “the importance of any single data center.”
Big Data Means Big Possibilities
Global Corporate Xpansion (GCX) Magazine, Spring, 2013
As digital technology advances and the world grows more interconnected, the boom in ‘big data’ is continuing at an astounding pace. In less than a decade, we’ve arrived at a point where a single company like Facebook generates more than 2 billion pieces of content and 500 terabytes of data per day, while Wall Street brokerages are executing trades in millionths of a second.
Friday, February 15, 2013
PTS Named to CRN’s 2013 Data Center 100
CRN’s annual Data Center 100 shines a light on the key technology vendors that are powering today’s data center with everything from data backup tools to virtual data center solutions to cloud hosting services. CRN presents the 100 vendors that comprise the 2013 Data Center 100, broken into five categories: Infrastructure, Virtualization, Hosts, Designers and Tools. PTS Data Center Solutions was named as one of the Top 20 Data Center Designers by CRN.
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, January 30, 2013 — PTS Data Center Solutions (“PTS”) was requisitioned by the world’s leading conservation organization to assess its data center environment problem.
The World Wildlife Fund (“WWF”) was in need of a more energy efficient data center with high availability and lower operating costs. During the assessment, PTS detected that WWF’s rack densities were causing an increase in heat which caused the existing Computer Room Air Condition System (CRAC) to flood the room with air. Hence, the CRAC had a very low Delta T between its supply and return. The resulting increased loads did not work well in the environment, causing inefficiencies in the overall effectiveness of the cooling solution, so improvements in power and cooling were a necessity.
- Event Registration: The Hybrid Data Center Strategy (May, 2019)
- PTS Event Archives – 2009
- PTS Event Archives – 2010
- PTS Event Archives – 2011
- PTS Event Archives – 2012
- PTS Event Archives – 2013
- PTS Event Archives – 2014
- PTS Event Archives – 2015
- PTS Event Archives – 2016
- PTS Event: New Jersey Devils Hockey and Premise-Built Data Center Presentation
- PTS Event: The Seven Tastes of Data Center Management
- PTS News Archives – 2003
- PTS News Archives – 2004
- PTS News Archives – 2005
- PTS News Archives – 2006
- PTS News Archives – 2007
- PTS News Archives – 2008
- PTS News Archives – 2009
- PTS News Archives – 2010
- PTS News Archives – 2011
- PTS News Archives – 2012
- PTS News Archives – 2013
- PTS News Archives – 2014
- PTS News Archives – 2015
- PTS News Archives – 2016
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2009
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2010
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2011
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – April, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – August, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – Bulletin – February, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – February, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – January, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – July, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – June, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – June, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – May, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – November, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – October, 2011
- PTS Newsletter Archives – September, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – April, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – August, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – December, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – January, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – July, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – March, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – November, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – September, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2014
- PTS Press Release: PTS Accepted into Con Edison’s New Data Center Energy Efficiency Program