Friday, December 14, 2012
Scenes from the NJ Data Center Summit
The New Jersey Technology Council held its annual Data Center Summit Thursday at the Eisenhower Corporate Center in Livingston, N.J. More than 120 data center professionals and industry watchers were in attendance for the day’s program, which examined issues such as the economics of cloud computing, how to assess data center infrastructure management (DCIM) tools, the state of the New Jersey data center market, and lessons learned from SuperStorm Sandy.
According to Peter Sacco, President, PTS Data Center Solutions, Inc., air conditioning is second only to the servers in terms of data center expenses. The first step to reducing the energy used by air conditioning is to make sure hot aisles and cold aisles are maintained as they were initially designed.
Wednesday, September 21, 2012
Is Modularity The Future Of The Data Center?
Global Corporate Xpansion (GCX) Magazine, Fall 2012
Larry Davis, Vice President and Director of Marketing for PTS Data Center Solutions, Inc., has authored an article on modularity, an emerging trend in data center design. Modularity provides cost effective, energy efficient data center space with a rapid deployment timeframe. Is A Modular Data Center Design Right For You? Read more to find the answer.
Read the Full GCX Article Here
No Limits Software has joined the VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program in order to extend their support for monitoring and management of virtualized servers through their RaMP DCIM solution.
Read the Full No Limits Software Article Here
RaMP already provides support for both physical servers (including blade systems) and virtual servers, but by joining the VMware TAP program, No Limits Software will be able to provide additional support for extended VMware features. With the VMware TAP program, RaMP customers can be assured that they are getting an integrated application platform on vSphere.
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, July 10, 2012 — PTS Data Center Solutions announced today it has been accepted as a Strategic Reseller Partner by Quorum®. The announcement comes as Quorum continues to build momentum in delivering its appliance and hybrid cloud backup, recovery and continuity solutions.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Best of the Data Center Blogs, July 5th
Data Center Knowledge, July 5, 2012
Data Center Move Pitfalls: How to Avoid Them – Larry Davis from the PTS Data Center Design blog examines migration challenges: “Data Center relocations are fraught with risks. Unlike other organizations within the enterprise that might have more mundane equipment such as desks, book cases, and file cabinets, data center operators and IT staff must have everything go smoothly. If the move doesn’t go as planned, troubles can range from costs associated with replacing or fixing broken servers to company downtime because critical data and applications were lost in the move.”
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey [May 23, 2012] — On May 16, 2012, PTS Data Center Solutions, a turnkey solutions provider specializing in data center and computer room consulting, engineering, infrastructure, construction, and maintenance services, hosted a half-day open house featuring the Smart Solutions by Emerson Network Power.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
World Wildlife Fund Headquarters Leverages PTS Data Center Solutions for Data Center Design & IT Services
Architectural Record, March 2012
World Wildlife Fund sought out services from PTS Data Center Solutions to evaluate its current Data Center Environment. The study done by PTS compared various options that were available to WWF as a key component of the WWF Headquarters design located in the West End neighborhood of Washington, DC. PTS used its innovative data center design approach to meet schedule, scope, and budget requirements.
Huntsville, Alabama, May 9, 2012 — Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson and a global leader in maximizing availability, capacity and efficiency of critical infrastructure, today welcomed PTS Data Center Solutions and 10 additional channel partners into its Trellis™ Pilot Partner Program. The program is designed to enable this select group of Emerson Network Power partners to effectively and successfully support the Trellis data center infrastructure management (DCIM) platform.
To Read the Full Press Release, Please Click Here.
Franklin Lakes, NJ, January 19, 2012 — PTS Data Center Solutions announced today the availability of Version 2.0 of the revolutionary Data Center Maintenance Management Software (DCMMS) Solution.
Released in March 2010, DCMMS was and remains the first of its kind software geared to improving efficiencies needed to maintain data center infrastructure. “At the time we released DCMMS, there was a gap in available Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) tools. Today, data center operations personnel have at their disposal asset discovery tools such as No Limits Software’s RaMP solution, various real-time monitoring products, building management systems, and IT monitoring and management solutions. What’s missing, however, is maintenance-specific software for the data center,” said PTS’ president and founder, Peter Sacco. “Two years ago we decided to address this specific niche with a product capable of supporting single site and many site data center operations.”
To Read the Full Press Release, Please Click Here.
- Event Registration: The Hybrid Data Center Strategy (May, 2019)
- PTS Event Archives – 2009
- PTS Event Archives – 2010
- PTS Event Archives – 2011
- PTS Event Archives – 2012
- PTS Event Archives – 2013
- PTS Event Archives – 2014
- PTS Event Archives – 2015
- PTS Event Archives – 2016
- PTS Event: New Jersey Devils Hockey and Premise-Built Data Center Presentation
- PTS Event: The Seven Tastes of Data Center Management
- PTS News Archives – 2003
- PTS News Archives – 2004
- PTS News Archives – 2005
- PTS News Archives – 2006
- PTS News Archives – 2007
- PTS News Archives – 2008
- PTS News Archives – 2009
- PTS News Archives – 2010
- PTS News Archives – 2011
- PTS News Archives – 2012
- PTS News Archives – 2013
- PTS News Archives – 2014
- PTS News Archives – 2015
- PTS News Archives – 2016
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2009
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2010
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2011
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – April, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – August, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – Bulletin – February, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – February, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – January, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – July, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – June, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – June, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – May, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – November, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – October, 2011
- PTS Newsletter Archives – September, 2012
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – April, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – August, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – December, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – January, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – July, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – March, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – November, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – September, 2013
- PTS Newsletter Archives – 2014
- PTS Press Release: PTS Accepted into Con Edison’s New Data Center Energy Efficiency Program