PTS Data Center Solutions, a leader in data center and critical environment design/build construction, is looking for an outstanding individual to serve as our Engineering Intern.
Are you someone that thrives leading a productive, disciplined, focused and goal-oriented team? To be successful in this internship you must be team-focused, dependable, reliable and responsible, yet accurate, detail-oriented and analytical. Must have basic knowledge of AutoCAD, and a familiarity with computer modeling programs used to develop designs is helpful. You must be able to work with a team that values excellence through process.
Our company offers coaching, and a supportive workplace focused on development, relationships, and purposeful work. We hire based on talent and fit. Apply only if you meet our performance and ability guidelines.
- Work towards the achievement of the company’s vision statement. Be familiar and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policy as it relates to their area of work
- Under close supervision, prepare simple and routine plans, designs, calculations, cost estimates by following standard engineering practices and procedures within well-established guidelines. Carry out routine technical surveys.
- Interpret engineering specifications and solve routine problems by applying defined procedures with ample precedent. Make suggestions for modifying concepts and/or product techniques and materials.
- Assist Senior engineers with site surveys, more complex designs, plans, and calculations
- Assist with proposal development and contract documentation.
- Assist the Project Managers in contract administration services during construction.
- Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers and clients by responding to requests and communication information in a timely manner.
- Remain undated on current professional practices and maintain a high awareness of new products and procedures in the industry by monitoring trade publication and actively participating in professional associations.
- Comply with all company policies including safety policies
- Perform other duties as required.
- Organized, strong communication skills, both written and verbal for working with clients, technical support, specialists, field technicians, and management.
- Must be able to multi-task, including setting priorities and follow up on open issues
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and effective problem-solving sills
- General computer knowledge, and familiar with Microsoft software
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Previous or some related work experience
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering