PTS Data Center Solutions, a leader in data center and critical environment design/build construction, is looking for an outstanding individual to serve as our Entry-Level Electrical Engineer.
Are you someone that thrives leading a productive, disciplined, focused and goal-oriented team? To be successful in this job you must be accurate, detail-oriented, and results focused, yet deliberate, productive, disciplined, focused, and goal-oriented. You must also have basic knowledge of creating and reviewing electrical drawings, and design documents. Additionally, you will need to know how to prepare reports and specifications and provide technical leadership. You must be able to work with a team that values excellence through process driven service delivery.
We offer excellent pay, 100% company-paid healthcare coverage, and other benefits in an adaptive, coaching, and supportive workplace focused on development, relationships, and purposeful work. We hire based on talent and fit. Apply only if you meet our performance and ability guidelines. Please include your desired salary range as well.
- Work towards the achievement of the company’s vision statement. Be familiar and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policy as it relates to their area of work
- Under close supervision, prepare simple and routine plans, designs, calculations, cost estimates by following standard engineering practices and procedures within well-established guidelines. Conduct routine technical surveys.
- Interpret engineering specifications and solve routine problems by applying defined procedures with ample precedent. Make suggestions for modifying concepts and/or product techniques and materials.
- Assist Senior engineers with site surveys, more complex designs, plans, and calculations
- Assist with proposal development and contract documentation.
- Assist the Project Managers in contract administration services during construction.
- Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers and clients by responding to requests and communication information in a timely manner.
- Remain undated on current professional practices and maintain a high awareness of new products and procedures in the industry by monitoring trade publication and actively participating in professional associations.
- Comply with all company policies including safety policies
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to design, construct, install, evaluate, and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Ensure designs meet legal guidelines and safety requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal for working with clients, technical support, specialists, field technicians, and management.
- Must be able to multi-task, including setting priorities and follow up on open issues
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and effective problem-solving skills
- Skilled in the use of PC and familiar with Microsoft software
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD is a must
- Familiarity with computer modeling programs used to develop designs
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- University degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered or planning to register as an Engineer in Training (E.I.T.)