Data Centers from Edge to Cloud
We design, build, and operate data centers that are great for companies and their people... but better for the planet
Co-Developed Data Center Design Standards
PTS has worked with a large pharmaceutical company for many years, providing engineering and assessment services for many of their global sites. We have co-developed a set of design standards for IT edge-site server rooms with a focus on resiliency and redundancy.
- Co-developed Global Data Center Strategy and Standards
- A/E/C/C Services Partner for 20+ years
- Assisted with Transitions from In-House Data Centers to Hybrid Approach of 19 Edge + 4 Colocation Data Centers
- No Global Data Center Strategy, Standards, or Team
- Worldwide disconnect on how to classify, design, build and operate data centers and other critical-facility operations
- Every site operated in a silo using their own experts, approach, and infrastructure
- No design and/or operating cohesiveness across IT operating environments lead to varying levels of availability, capital cost, and operating cost
- One Team Approach with Global Reach
- In 1995 design and provided construction management to move the primary data center
- Co-developed, documented, and regularly maintain Design Standards for Regional Data Centers, Server Rooms, and Telecommunications Rooms
- Provided design for, maintain the on-going “as-built” condition of, and provide consulting for any/all changes happening within four (4) main global data centers
- Have provided global engineering services support since 1995
- Work primarily for Facilities Review Board (FRB) with primary responsibility for managing all data center and IT edge “lab” locations globally
- Currently provide day-to-day “on-call” engineering support for nineteen (19) IT Edge/”Lab” sites globally including attending bi-weekly meetings
- Currently providing design/construction management support for upgrade/expansion of lab facility
- During COVID, provided assessments to determine adherence to company design standards with a focus on resiliency and redundancy for “critical” COVID-related sites
- From 2016-Present: providing assessment services for sites across North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America to determine adherence to company design standards for IT edge-site server rooms with a focus on resiliency and redundancy
Our primary markets include:
- Manufacturing and Industrial Facilities
- Energy Environmental Programs
- Office / Corporate Headquarters
- Government / Public Facilities
- Financial Services
- Mission-Critical / Data Center
- Sustainable Design
- Hospitality / Hotel
- Historic Retrofit / Renovation
- Resort / Gaming
- Residential Developments
- Retail / Restaurant
- Exhibitions / Recreation
- Architectural Lighting Design
- Special Projects
PTS has an impressive track record for unique architectural and engineering designs. We specialize in all aspects of architectural as well as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) and building services engineering for virtually every type of building or structure.
In addition, we specialize in vendor-neutral design of all systems and sub-systems for all building types.
Further, our architects and engineers thrive on challenge. We aspire to achieve the optimal solution for every project. We do this by using a combination of proven design and engineering principles, processes, experience, and innovative thinking.
PTS Design & Engineering Services
Contact PTS for your Next Project
You shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to your facility. Our expert team assesses your unique needs, and then employs a proven plan that reduces the amount of support infrastructure you will need.
The result is higher efficiency, reduced complexity and better resiliency at lower cost… all at the same time.
Contact us for a quick chat to discuss PTS Design & Engineering services for commercial and industrial projects.
Contact PTS today:
DICE National: Data Center Operations and Cooling Digital Summit recording available: Designing for the Edge with Pete Sacco, President of PTS Data Center Solutions, and other Data Center Professionals.
The average enterprise data center costs between $10 million and $12 million per megawatt to build, with costs typically front-loaded onto the first few megawatts of deployment. Seasoned data center builder Peter Sacco, founder and CEO of PTS Data Center Solutions, claims that it is possible to drive down costs by around 25 per cent or more, simply by being more disciplined on design.
How can data center operators insulate themselves from the increasing risks posed by aging centralized power grids prone to outages
There are many factors influencing how suitable a given data center is at meeting the needs of the organization that
With the size of stored data increasing at an astronomical rate, there’s no question that the data center market is booming – no matter whether
- Have two (2) aging edge data centers, some colocation, & some cloud
- On-premises infrastructure needs have been shrinking
- Increased risk of downtime to operations because of higher failure rates
- Increased operational costs due to increased scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Wasted and unused IT space
- Improved hybrid data center strategy leveraging previous investments
- Designed and built new edge data center in the mixed-use facility using repurposed adjacent space
- Refreshed the 18-floor IDF stack
- Updated the strategic plan for data center operations
- New, reliable, resilient, primary edge data center in the mixed-use facility