The recent wave of attacks on Windows machines is unprecedented, and these types of attacks, specifically ransomware attacks, have been on the rise. Ransomware is a type of malicious software virus that locks up your computer files and demands payment to unlock them.
If you managed to avert disaster this time around, do you know that your network is ready for the inevitable next attack? If your network is vulnerable, you won’t be able to dodge a bullet forever; the hackers will eventually discover that weak spot. PTS can help you find the holes before the hackers do.
What can you do to protect your network?
- Update your copy of Windows to the latest version
- Run Windows Update and apply all security patches
- Update your anti-virus software to the latest version
- Backup your important data
- Educate employees to exercise caution when opening email attachments or clicking on any potentially suspicious links
- Test your network’s security at least once a year for vulnerabilities
- Scan all emails for malicious code
- Formulate an IT disaster recovery plan, for preparation in case your network security is compromised
Contact PTS to discuss effective ways to secure your network. We offer a free cyber threat assessment to identify network vulnerabilities, as well as other useful information about your network and its users.