Upgrading your standard un-metered PDU to a fully metered PDU doesn’t have to mean going to the expense of purchasing a new smart PDU along with the costs of adding network cable drops and a massive integration effort with a monitoring program. Packet Power “Smart Cables” simplify the process with the entire solution often costing less than most metered PDUs and can be implemented quickly and easily.
What is a “Smart Cable”?
Smart Cables are standard power cables with low profile embedded wireless network power monitors.
- Provide high accuracy measurements from current (A) to energy usage (kWh)
- Fail safe design that can never interrupt the current path
- Available in any plug type from 10-63 Amps and certified for use in most countries
Installing is easy as “1-2-3″…
Deploying a Smart Cable network is more affordable than you may think. Adding a Smart Cable to your standard PDU often costs far less than many metered PDUs while providing all the functionality. Looking at the total cost of ownership, the Smart Cable scenario becomes more attractive as it has a single IP address and network drop per hundreds of PDUs eliminating the costs of network cables and maintaining a fleet of IP addresses. Also there are no network cable drops needed for Smart Cables. Monitoring also becomes much more affordable as there are no commission or programming costs associated with the Packet Power monitoring solution. Even when using the EMX monitoring portal, licensing fees are a fraction of that of conventional systems, or non-existent when only using the SNMP or ModBus data.
For more information, please call PTS at (201) 337-3833 or visit:
- Packet Power Products Page
- Brochure: Turn Basic PDUs into Smart PDUs (PDF)
- Brochure: Packet Power Smart Cables/Technical Specifications (PDF)