Data Centers from Edge to Cloud
To manage a stress-free data cabling installation for your company
PTS Data Center Cabling Architectural services provides a careful analysis of data center IT key design criteria to determine the best approaches to take regarding cabling design.
Effective Cable Architecture Design results in:
- Access layer flexibility
- Capacity and service scalability
- High availability and fabric stability
- Easy operations and management
- A simple, deterministic topology
Quality Cable Architecture Design requires consideration for:
- Top-of-Rack vs. End-of-Row Aggregation
- Field Terminated vs. Pre-Terminated Cabling
- Inside-of-Cabinet vs. Outside-of-Cabinet Termination
- Copper vs. Fiber Media
Data Center Design
Discovery process to properly determine the specification and requirements of this project. Areas of research will include determining the following:
- General technology review
- Pathways for horizontal and riser distribution
- Horizontal telecommunications cabling requirements for both voice and data
- Riser telecommunications requirements
- MC & ER layout requirements to determine rack/cabinet locations and cable support/management requirements
- Equipment rack/cabinet layouts, i.e. equipment placement, patch panel placement and wire management
Data Cabling Services
Written Specifications for the following sections of a typical Division 17 of an AIA (American Institute of Architects) formatted Contract. All drafts will be complete related to the technical design, manufacturer’s requirements and EIA/TIA/BICSI standards pertaining to the telecommunications aspects of the project including:
- Abbreviations and Definitions
- General Scope of Work
- References and Standards
- Equipment and materials
- Execution / Installation
- Quality Assurance
PTS engineers will submit all prints and written documents in electronic format.
The following prints are typical of a complete set:
- Floor Telecommunication Detail – This print will show drop designations for each type of telecommunications outlet required.
- General Notes & Symbol List – This print will have general notes regarding specific conditions and stipulations of the installation and will also show a legend for telecommunications symbols used on prints.
- Wall Plate Configurations – This print will show all variations of wall plate configurations as references by the telecommunications symbols.
- Riser Drawing – This print will represent the riser requirements for voice and data between floors and will show pathways, cable types and appropriate sizing.
- MC (Main Cross-Connect) – This print will be the layout of the MC room. The print will show racks/cabinets positioning, any cable support necessary such as ladder racking, any wall boards to be installed and riser entrance points.
- ER (Equipment Room) – This print will be the layout of the ER room. The print will show racks/cabinets positioning, any cable support necessary such as ladder racking, any wall boards to be installed and riser entrance points.
- Rack/Cabinet Elevations – This print will show elevation details for the general layout of the racks/cabinets as pertaining to the telecommunications needs of this project.
Typically, our fee as a data cabling company includes all travel and labor required for the successful completion of your company’s project.
PTS’ Data Center Cabling Architecture Design Service provides quality assessments, if current facilities exist, and new cabling design services to support data center build-out. These services fall within the fifth phase of the PTS data center project process.
Contact PTS for your Next Data Cabling Project
You shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to your data center. Our expert team assesses your unique needs, and then employs a proven data center plan that reduces the amount of support infrastructure you will need.
The result is higher efficiency, reduced complexity and better resiliency at lower cost… all at the same time.
Contact us for a quick chat to discuss how a smarter design for your data center can save you money.
Contact PTS today:
Data Centers from Edge to Cloud Our Focus We design, build, and operate data centers that are great for companies