Data Centers from Edge to Cloud
We design, build, and operate data centers that are great for companies and their people... but better for the planet
DICE National: Data Center Operations and Cooling Digital Summit recording available: Designing for the Edge with Pete Sacco, President of PTS Data Center Solutions, and other Data Center Professionals.
Pete Sacco (Founder and President, PTS Data Center Solutions) and Jamie Funk (Head of Sales for Verticals at Bloom Energy) talk to Dan Loosemore of Data Center Dynamics about future-proofing the modern data center using PTS’ Data Center Reimagined approach and Bloom Energy’s fuel-cell and micro-grid solutions.
Webinar Data Center Development Innovation for the New Age of Facilities. Learn how end users and providers are determining cloud or on-prem strategies for new facilities coming online, how fully integrated edge developments have changed the need for on-prem solutions, who are changing their migration to the cloud and where the opportunities are for expansions.
The average enterprise data center costs between $10 million and $12 million per megawatt to build, with costs typically front-loaded onto the first few megawatts of deployment. Seasoned data center builder Peter Sacco, founder and CEO of PTS Data Center Solutions, claims that it is possible to drive down costs by around 25 per cent or more, simply by being more disciplined on design.
Pete Sacco, PTS Data Center Solutions, is presenting “The Evolving Edge Data Center: Minimize On-Site Construction for Faster Deployment” at AFCOM NYC/NJ Metro’s quarterly chapter meeting (virtual) on Thursday, March 25, 2021.
Threat Intelligence Briefing (TIB): Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities Classification: TLP WHITE. This invitation or the information presented in the briefing may be shared outside of your
How can data center operators insulate themselves from the increasing risks posed by aging centralized power grids prone to outages and vulnerable to natural disasters?
It’s vital for companies to invest in data center operations that are simple in design, easy to operate, and minimize infrastructure needed to achieve data
Intel’s IT Chief Technology Officer Shesha Krishnapura sat down for a Q&A with Data Center Dynamic’s Kisandka Moses to discuss Intel’s cost-efficient data center strategy
Reopen with Confidence As the world enters the next phase of the pandemic, businesses are forced to make changes to accommodate not only a changing
Strategies to Continue Operating During Power Disruptions and Improve Air Quality Title: Microgrid Strategies for Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations WebinarDate: Thursday, August 20, 2020Time: 1:00
Openpath’s access control hardware and enterprise cloud-based software give you peace of mind and protection to reopen your doors with confidence. Fast. Reliable. Hands-free.
Backing up critical data is clearly a major component of any comprehensive Disaster Recovery (DR) plan, but is that all that is needed to ensure
With the rampant rise in ransomware attacks, the ability to recover quickly and without paying the attackers has never been more critical. But traditional DR
Bloom Energy Webinar: Stepping up in a Crisis: Rapidly Deployed, Clean Microgrids for Healthcare Facilities
Overview Title: Stepping up in a Crisis – Rapidly Deployed, Clean Microgrids for Healthcare Facilities Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 Time: 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
As the number of COVID-19 cases continue to grow, the number of patients in dire need of expert care has already begun to put a
Being a technology company, PTS is well-prepared to run our organization and support our clients remotely. We are operating as normal as can be expected
Contact PTS for your Next Data Center Project
You shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to your data center. Our expert team assesses your unique needs, and then employs a proven data center plan that reduces the amount of support infrastructure you will need.
The result is higher efficiency, reduced complexity and better resiliency at lower cost… all at the same time.
Contact us for a quick chat to discuss how a smarter design for your data center can save you money.
Contact PTS today:
PTS Blog Archive
- April 4, 2023 - PTS & Device42 DCIM Webinar Recording
- March 21, 2023 - The Hitchhiker’s Guide to IT
- February 28, 2023 - Join Us On A Journey of Data Center Knowledge
- February 6, 2023 - Why Small Business Owners Need to Make Data-Driven Decisions
- December 13, 2022 - Cybersecurity for Small Businesses
- November 10, 2022 - PTS Sponsors Healing the Children
- August 8, 2022 - Make Data-Driven Decisions for Your Business
- May 27, 2022 - Seeking a Level 1 IT Technician for the PTS Team
- May 18, 2022 - We’re Looking for an Entry Level Electrical Engineer
- May 5, 2022 - Intern Positions Available at PTS
- March 30, 2022 - PTS is Hiring – Join Us as Our Construction Manager
- March 3, 2022 - PTS Presenting at Data Center World 2022
- February 28, 2022 - Join PTS as a Construction Site Superintendent
- December 6, 2021 - Join the PTS Team as a Senior Electrical Engineer
- October 8, 2021 - Ransomware Preparedness from PTS, Polymer, and Sensato
- September 30, 2021 - How Crypto & Immersion Cooling Leads the Way to Enterprise Data Centers
- September 27, 2021 - Sensato Q&A with Cyber Hacker – Recording Available
- September 21, 2021 - Reducing the Blast Radius from a Cyber Attack – Healthcare Edition
- September 15, 2021 - The Future is IMMERSION
- September 7, 2021 - A Cyber Hacker’s Perspective – Live Q&A
- August 24, 2021 - Designing for the Edge Webinar Recording Available
- July 9, 2021 - DICE National: Data Center Operations & Cooling
- June 30, 2021 - DCD Talks with PTS and Bloom Energy
- March 17, 2021 - AFCOM NYC/NJ Metro Chapter Quarterly Meeting: March 25, 2021
- March 8, 2021 - The Data Center Reimagined: Webinar Recording
- February 25, 2021 - Powering the Digital Economy: The Data Center Reimagined
- October 19, 2020 - Intel’s IT CTO Discusses How Their Data Center Strategy saved $3.8 Billion
- September 3, 2020 - Contactless Body Temperature Scanning for Safer Reopening
- June 12, 2020 - PTS/Openpath Webinar: Contactless Site Access Control
- June 4, 2020 - What is DRaaS, and How is it Different from Backup?
- May 11, 2020 - On-Demand Webinar: 10 Minutes to DRaaS with PTS and Datrium
- March 18, 2020 - PTS Support During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- November 25, 2019 - On-Demand Disaster Recovery as a Service
- November 19, 2019 - Why You Should Use a Design/Build Firm for Your Next Data Center Project
- July 16, 2019 - Top 10 Reasons You Should Modernize Your Data Center
- June 12, 2019 - Top 10 Reasons to Outsource Your IT Support Desk
- March 20, 2019 - Top 6 Ways Audio/Visual (A/V) Can Improve Your Business
- February 27, 2019 - Top 10 Ways to Keep your Data Center Support Infrastructure Up and Running
- February 8, 2019 - Free Download: Workplace Technology Planning Checklist
- November 28, 2018 - PTS President Earns Uptime Institute Certification
- September 18, 2018 - PTS Partner NJFX Welcomes Subsea Trans-Atlantic Data Cable
- February 15, 2018 - PTS’ Pete Sacco Presenting at AFCOM February 2018 NYC/NJ Metro Chapter Meeting
- January 5, 2018 - Prepare A Cyberdefense Plan Beyond Meltdown and Spectre Security Risks
- September 29, 2017 - What are YOU doing about VM Sprawl?
- August 31, 2017 - PTS Event 9/28/2017: The Seven Tastes of Data Center Management
- May 31, 2017 - Is your Data Center As Cool as it Once Was?
- May 16, 2017 - Are You Prepared for the Next Network Security Threat?
- April 20, 2017 - The Reality of Virtualization
- February 16, 2017 - Data Center Cooling Advancements Let you Leave Your Jacket at Home
- January 12, 2017 - Is your Data Center or Telecom Closet Performing a Rain Dance?
- November 23, 2016 - PTS and SonicWALL: Free Cyber Security Webinar
- October 31, 2016 - AFCOM Midlantic Symposium and Holiday Event 2016
- August 2, 2016 - Solve Data Challenges Like the Web Giants with this Free Ebook
- June 15, 2016 - AFCOM Midlantic Chapter Meeting: June 29, 2016, Claymont, DE
- June 1, 2016 - Need Help Managing your Assets?
- May 26, 2016 - Hyperconverged Infrastructure Lives Up to the Hype
- March 23, 2016 - PTS Joins the Hedvig CloudScale Partner Program
- February 17, 2016 - PTS Smart Open Lease
- January 5, 2016 - Video Surveillance: Panasonic Video Insight 60-Day Trial
- December 15, 2015 - Available Lease Space in PTS’ Headquarters Building (Oakland, NJ)
- December 11, 2015 - PTS and Panasonic Event (1/7/2016): Physical Security in the Public Sector
- December 3, 2015 - PTS Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Assessment Solution
- November 19, 2015 - Free IT Assessment: How Optimal is Your IT Environment?
- November 18, 2015 - Join PTS and AFCOM at These Upcoming Events
- October 23, 2015 - Are You Ready to Avoid an IT Disaster?
- September 18, 2015 - Is It Time To Decommission Your Data Center?
- September 10, 2015 - PTS Reaches Hiperwall Premier Gold Reseller Status
- August 17, 2015 - PTS CloudCover & P-POD: Converged IT, Facility, & Cabling Solution
- July 29, 2015 - PTS Educational Facility Services are Cool for Schools
- June 23, 2015 - RackLift Data Center Lift System
- June 8, 2015 - Seamlessly Integrated Physical Security Solutions
- April 16, 2015 - PTS and Planar: Upgrade Offer to Planar DirectLight
- March 12, 2015 - PTS Smart Open Lease for your Next Data Center or Enterprise Project
- March 6, 2015 - PTS and CSI Leasing Indoor Golf Event, Thursday, March 19, 2015
- February 25, 2015 - PTS and SimpliVity offer Free eBook: Hyperconvergence Infrastructure for Dummies
- January 21, 2015 - PTS Partner SimpliVity on a Mission to Simplify IT
- December 2, 2014 - Packet Power: Turn Basic PDUs into “Smart PDUs” …in Minutes
- November 18, 2014 - Upcoming AFCOM Events to Address your Data Center’s Daunting Holiday Task List
- November 6, 2014 - Rackstuds: The Simpler, Faster, Safer Cage Nut Replacement
- October 15, 2014 - Glass Apps Switchable Glass and Film
- September 24, 2014 - PTS, Tintri, & Veeam LIVE Webinar & Exotic Car Ride! Thursday, October 16th, 2014.
- September 19, 2014 - Tintri Provides Competitive Edge for PTS Data Center Solutions’ Hosted Cloud Service
- September 18, 2014 - Is it Time to Accessorize your Data Center?
- August 1, 2014 - Tintri: Smart Storage that Sees, Learns and Adapts
- December 18, 2013 - Got Cabling?
- December 16, 2013 - Are Company Owned Computer Room Deployments Making a Comeback?
- September 27, 2013 - The Storm Is Coming: Check Your Generators, UPSs, and DR Plan
- July 24, 2013 - Application of Nanotechnology to Cool a Data Center
- June 12, 2013 - Tips for use of VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- April 11, 2013 - Critical Considerations during a Data Center Migration
- April 3, 2013 - Have You Made the Move to Wireless Monitoring?
- February 14, 2013 - Data Center Energy Use
- January 18, 2013 - PTS Data Center Solutions Completes Planar Digital Signage Deployment in NYC
- January 2, 2013 - Event Follow-up: Is Your Disaster Recovery Approach a Disaster?
- December 19, 2012 - NJ Tech Council: Adaptation of DCIM Tools Rages On
- November 30, 2012 - Asset Performance Management for IT and Data Centers
- November 19, 2012 - Preparing for the Next Disaster: Data Center Generator Deployment Considerations
- November 9, 2012 - NJ Technology Council – Data Center Summit
- October 19, 2012 - Is Your Disaster Recovery Approach a Disaster?
- October 3, 2012 - Is Modularity the Future of the Data Center?
- September 27, 2012 - Energy efficiency Improvement Methods: PermaFrost NMR
- September 18, 2012 - Top Ten Reasons to Renovate Your Data Center
- September 7, 2012 - Monitoring & Managing Virtual Servers
- August 23, 2012 - The Importance of Data Center Site Cleaning
- August 9, 2012 - Top 10 Ways Colocation Can Impact Your Business
- July 27, 2012 - Can Your Data Center Recover From A Disaster?
- June 27, 2012 - Data Center Move Pitfalls: How to Avoid Them
- June 19, 2012 - DCIM Made Simple Event A Success
- May 29, 2012 - Puzzling Over Effective Computer and Server Room Design
- April 9, 2012 - PTS Exhibiting at Con Edison Energy Efficiency Summit 2012
- April 4, 2012 - Data Center Management Gotchas
- February 27, 2012 - An Industry Look at Locking IEC Power Connections
- February 27, 2012 - Guaranteeing IEC Secure Power Connections
- February 15, 2012 - Retail Industry PCI Compliance Support
- January 16, 2012 - Data Center Maintenance Management Solution Version 2.0 Available Today
- December 29, 2011 - UPS Configuration Availability Rankings
- December 16, 2011 - Which is higher availability 2N or N+2?
- December 9, 2011 - CleanZone Premier Contamination Control Zone Solution
- November 7, 2011 - Why You Should Consider VMware vSphere 5
- October 27, 2011 - Modular & Containerized Data Center Solutions
- September 14, 2011 - PTS Launches YouTube Data Center Design Channel
- August 30, 2011 - Selecting the Optimal Data Center Cooling Solution
- August 12, 2011 - Data Center Design News – August 2011
- July 15, 2011 - The Evolving Complexity of Network Security
- June 17, 2011 - Data Center Design News
- May 24, 2011 - Virtualization Made Easy
- May 16, 2011 - PTS Exhibiting at Con Edison Energy Efficiency Summit 2011
- May 16, 2011 - PTS Exhibiting at Con Edison Energy Efficiency Summit 2011
- April 29, 2011 - Improving Energy Efficiency in Data Centers
- April 19, 2011 - The Real Cost of Manual Asset Management
- April 12, 2011 - Best Practices in Building a New Data Center
- April 7, 2011 - Emerson Network Power’s Smart Solutions Tour Review.
- April 1, 2011 - 2011 Smart Solutions Tour – April 5th
- March 22, 2011 - Is It Time To Toss The Tape?
- March 14, 2011 - Possible Future Acquisitions by Hewlett-Packard
- February 15, 2011 - PTS Accepted into Con Edison’s New Data Center Energy Efficiency Program
- January 29, 2011 - To COLO or Not To COLO Part II
- January 4, 2011 - Energy Efficient Ethernet?
- December 8, 2010 - Cutting Back on Data Center Equipment Costs
- December 1, 2010 - Cyber Monday Highlights Efficiency Issues
- November 18, 2010 - Impact of IT Upgrades on Energy Usage and Operational Costs
- October 1, 2010 - Data Center Events for October 2010
- September 6, 2010 - Data Center Design News
- September 2, 2010 - Data Center Events Schedule 2010
- July 28, 2010 - Storage & Data Deduplication
- July 8, 2010 - To Co-Lo or Not To Co-Lo?
- June 21, 2010 - AFCOM Data Center World Fall 2010
- June 17, 2010 - Alleviate Your IT Headaches
- May 25, 2010 - PTS Education & White Papers
- May 13, 2010 - Achieving a Dim Data Center
- April 22, 2010 - Data Center Videos
- April 19, 2010 - Get the Most Out of Your IT Assets
- March 26, 2010 - REMINDER: ‘Devils in the Details’ Event on March 30th
- March 26, 2010 - Cut Your Data Center Cooling Costs
- February 22, 2010 - Considerations for Storage Consolidation
- February 9, 2010 - “Devils in the Details” Data Center Event – IMPORTANT UPDATE
- February 9, 2010 - BLADE Network Technologies Wins Top Spot in 10G Data Center Switch Test
- February 4, 2010 - Why are so many still using guesswork to determine their needs for power?
- January 18, 2010 - What is your definition of a “Green” Data Center solution?
- December 16, 2009 - Data Center World, Spring 2010
- December 14, 2009 - PTS Announces a Strategic Distribution Relationship with Dell Corporation
- December 8, 2009 - ‘Lights Out’ Data Center Management
- November 20, 2009 - Data Center Education Series Expands to More Dates, Cities
- November 6, 2009 - PTS Data Center Solutions Showcase
- November 4, 2009 - Introducing PTS’ Information Technology Solutions Group
- October 19, 2009 - The Devils in the Details – Data Center Management Event
- September 30, 2009 - New York Jets Power Camp 2009
- September 27, 2009 - Inflection point: Build for Higher Density or Plan for Efficient IT?
- September 18, 2009 - PTS & The New York Jets Invite You to Power Camp ’09
- September 2, 2009 - Role of the CIO in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
- August 27, 2009 - A Closer Look at PTS’ Data Center Education Series
- August 18, 2009 - Data Center Education Series Sept. Training – IMPORTANT UPDATES
- August 18, 2009 - Expert Data Center Education & Training In NYC
- July 22, 2009 - LinkedIn Discussion on Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE)
- July 20, 2009 - LinkedIn Discussion on Eliminating the Battery String
- July 16, 2009 - Introducing PTS’ Data Center Education Series
- July 16, 2009 - Please join us on LinkedIn & Twitter
- June 29, 2009 - Energy Efficiency Remains Priority In Spite of Economic Troubles
- June 24, 2009 - Investing in Energy-Efficient Equipment
- June 9, 2009 - Drug Companies Put Cloud Computing to the Test
- June 5, 2009 - Data Center Professionals Network
- April 30, 2009 - Free Data Center Assessment Tools from the Department of Energy.
- April 13, 2009 - Going Green with Data Center Storage
- April 3, 2009 - Google Unveils Server with Built-in Battery Design
- April 2, 2009 - Can The Container Approach Fit Your Data Center Plans?
- April 1, 2009 - Data Center Power Drain [Video]
- March 25, 2009 - Spending on Data Centers to Increase in Coming Year
- March 19, 2009 - Top 3 Data Center Trends for 2009
- March 11, 2009 - It’s Nap Time for Data Centers
- March 9, 2009 - Finding the Silver Lining During an Economic Downturn
- February 20, 2009 - Improving Mobile Applications in the Enterprise
- January 27, 2009 - Acquisition of NTA’s Technology Consulting Assets
- January 19, 2009 - Data Centers Understaffed and Underutilized?
- December 23, 2008 - Data Center Energy Efficiency in 2009
- December 4, 2008 - Get the Most Out of Your Data Center in 2009
- November 18, 2008 - Top 10 IT Trends for 2009
- October 29, 2008 - PTS to Provide Services for Verari’s FOREST Container Data Center
- October 21, 2008 - Data Center Decisions Conference in Chicago
- September 2, 2008 - Ongoing Maintenance & Monitoring
- August 11, 2008 - Receptacle Level Load Monitoring & Control
- August 4, 2008 - New White Paper on Power Usage
- July 17, 2008 - Tips for Handling Data Center Moves and Shortages of Space
- July 1, 2008 - Data Center Energy Summit 2008
- June 12, 2008 - PTS Data Center Solutions Turns 10-Years Old!
- May 23, 2008 - Article: “Changing The Oil In Your Data Center”
- April 25, 2008 - CFD Modeling for Data Center Cooling
- April 15, 2008 - Free White Paper on Relative Sensitivity Fire Detection Systems
- March 25, 2008 - Reflections on the DataCenterDynamics Conference
- February 26, 2008 - Are the Uptime Institute’s Data Center Rating Tiers Out of Date?
- February 15, 2008 - Facebook user? Add yourself as a fan of our blog!
- February 5, 2008 - PTS’ 2008 Predictions for the Data Center Industry
- February 5, 2008 - PTS’ 2008 Predictions for the Data Center Industry
- January 30, 2008 - 2008 Data Center Industry Trends
- December 26, 2007 - Data Center Wish Lists
- December 17, 2007 - Embracing the Expanding Role of IT in Business
- October 29, 2007 - Server Cabinet Organization Tips
- October 24, 2007 - The Role of Sprinklers in Computer Room Fire Protection
- September 28, 2007 - Blogging in Good Company…
- September 25, 2007 - It Isn’t Easy Being Green: Companies forgo eco-friendly solutions
- August 24, 2007 - Plan Your Data Center Move (Part 2 of 2)
- August 20, 2007 - Plan Your Data Center Move (Part 1 of 2)
- July 26, 2007 - Reflections on the Data Center in a Box
- July 16, 2007 - PTS Weighs in on Data Center Humidity Issues
- June 8, 2007 - Recommended Reading: “The New Data Center”
- May 15, 2007 - High Density Devices Strain Data Center Resources
- April 24, 2007 - NEW from PTS: Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) Services
- April 11, 2007 - Keeping It Clean in the Data Center
- April 6, 2007 - Data Center Cooling: Approaches to Avoid
- March 22, 2007 - The New Data Center Boom
- February 22, 2007 - Reducing Data Center Power Consumption
- February 20, 2007 - Computer Room Design Tips
- January 26, 2007 - Server Room Security Measures
- January 18, 2007 - Data Center Power Solutions
- December 26, 2006 - New Year’s Resolutions for Data Center Solutions
- December 20, 2006 - Puzzling Over Effective Server Room Design
- November 21, 2006 - Data Center Construction Made Easier
- November 9, 2006 - Eco-Friendly Solutions: Build a Green Data Center
- October 31, 2006 - The Pros and Cons of Data Center Colocation
- October 11, 2006 - Datacenter Solution: Server Virtualization
- September 29, 2006 - Tips for Handling Your Data Center Relocation
- September 14, 2006 - DC-power Sparks Interest among Data Center Designers
- August 31, 2006 - Data Centers vs. Computer Rooms: What’s the Difference?
- August 25, 2006 - Dark Data Centers: Dream or Reality?
- August 22, 2006 - Data Centers Go to Washington
- August 17, 2006 - Data Center Solutions to Beat the Summer Heat
- May 8, 2006 - Raised Floors – Still Relevant?
- April 18, 2006 - Data Center Planning is Critical to a Successful Project
- April 18, 2006 - Pete Sacco
- April 18, 2006 - Data Center Design Blog Launch