Franklin Lakes, NJ – Peter Sacco, president of PTS Data Center Solutions, is featured in an article published at SearchDataCenter.com on April 23, 2008. In the article, entitled “Can CFD modeling save your data center?”, Sacco talks about the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling to optimize airflow and reduce data center cooling costs.
Sacco explains that, when it comes to the efficiency of air-cooling infrastructure, “Air mixing is the enemy… You need to do cooling to and from the load as efficiently and quickly as possible with as little mixing as possible. Eking every bit of cooling out of my investment is the most important thing I can do as a data center operator.”
The article also includes insights from several other data center professionals. Carl Pappalardo, IT systems engineer for Northeast Utilities, provides a first-hand account of how CFD analysis helped in optimizing their data center’s cooling efficiency. Allan Warn, a data center manager at ABN AMRO bank, also shares his thoughts on the value of renting vs. buying CFD modeling software.
To read the full article, please visit http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/.
About Peter Sacco
Peter Sacco is the founder and President of PTS Data Center Solutions. Pete has a BSEE and has been involved in the data center/computer room industry for over 10 years.
About PTS Data Center Solutions
Founded in 1998, PTS Data Center Solutions is a premiere data center design firm and turnkey solutions provider, offering a broad range of project experience, specializing in designing data centers, computer rooms and technical spaces that integrate ‘best-of-breed’, critical infrastructure technologies and result in continuously available, scalable, redundant, fault-tolerant, manageable, and maintainable mission critical environments. To learn more, visit the company’s website at www.ptsdcs.com.
To learn more about other PTS Data Center Data Center Consulting, Design, and Build Services, contact us or visit:
- Data Center Planning & Pre-Design Services
- PTS Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Feasibility Consulting
- Data Center Project Cost Estimating
- Data Center Site Assessment
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Thermography Assessment Service
- PTS Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- PTS Virtualization Strategies & Assessments
- IT Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Data Center Server Planning & Feasibility
- Data Center Storage Area Network (SAN) and Data Protection Planning & Feasibility