Data Centers from Edge to Cloud
We design, build, and operate data centers that are great for companies and their people... but better for the planet
View analytics on a per-VM basis to identify rightsizing opportunities across your environment.
We often deploy virtual machines intending to use them for a specific purpose and specific time duration. Many of these workloads are intended to be replaced or powered off after their initial use. We may also find that we just don’t know what the performance characteristics of a workload may be over time, and so we err on the side of oversizing a VM in our initial definition phase. In an active, dynamic data center environment, these virtual machines can quickly become lost in the noise of powered-on virtual machines. Over time, these lost virtual machines may move from active to idle and quickly become forgotten. Such forgotten VMs can contribute to a lack of available resources, or worse—resource contention.
The PTS VM Assessment aims to help you identify workloads that can benefit from rightsizing the allocated resources based on actual utilization. These workloads may perform just as well with a reduction in CPU and RAM, while releasing resources for others to consume in the same environment.
The VM Rightsizing Assessment also offers the following benefits:
- Find idle VMs
- Find VMs that span NUMA nodes
- Find VMs with high CPU ready times too large for the environment
- Find VMs that are heavily used and may need more resources
- Find VMs wasting resources with reservations
Apply these savings to more than just your resource optimization.
- The additional benefits of reduced CPU and memory contention can also potentially improve application response time and user experience.
- Take advantage of long-running statistics and show your application owners what they are really consuming, guiding them to realistic resource requests for deployed applications.
- In an environment where charge-back is applied, these minor adjustments could lead to significant savings for a line of business or organization.
Take advantage of these analytics and
rightsize your virtual machines today!
PTS offers data center consulting services for enterprises large and small, including:
- Data Center Planning Consulting (Premise vs. Colo vs. Cloud Strategy)
- Colocation Site Selection (by Region & Needs)
- Colocation Requirements & RFP Development
- Colocation Provider Survey, Assessment, and Scoring
- Colocation Site Design & Build-Out (Cages, Cabinets, Power Distribution, Monitoring, etc.)
- Data Cabling Design & Construction
- Relocation Planning & Execution
- Colocation Site IT Managed Services and/or Facility Managed Services
Contact PTS for your Next Data Center Project
You shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to your data center. Our expert team assesses your unique needs, and then employs a proven data center plan that reduces the amount of support infrastructure you will need.
The result is higher efficiency, reduced complexity and better resiliency at lower cost… all at the same time.
Contact us for a quick chat to discuss how a smarter design for your data center can save you money.
Contact PTS today:
With the size of stored data increasing at an astronomical rate, there’s no question that the data center market is booming – no matter whether it’s an on-site data
Data Centers from Edge to Cloud Our Focus We design, build, and operate data centers that are great for companies and their people… but
DICE National: Data Center Operations and Cooling Digital Summit recording available: Designing for the Edge with Pete Sacco, President of PTS Data Center Solutions, and other Data Center Professionals.
There are many factors influencing how suitable a given data center is at meeting the needs of the organization that is utilizing it. Inevitably,
Pete Sacco (Founder and President, PTS Data Center Solutions) and Jamie Funk (Head of Sales for Verticals at Bloom Energy) talk to Dan Loosemore of Data Center Dynamics about future-proofing the modern data center using PTS’ Data Center Reimagined approach and Bloom Energy’s fuel-cell and micro-grid solutions.