iSCSI storage area network (SAN) vendors and storage industry analysts alike have been praising iSCSI SANs as an ideal networked storage solution for small- to medium-sized business (SMBs) for years. Because it runs over IP, iSCSI does not require the specialized expertise of Fibre Channel; there is a variety of products on the market at SMB price points; the software initiators are built into all of the major operating systems; and the performance is more than adequate for many organizations.
The benefits outlined above have made iSCSI SANs attractive to many SMBs. However, iSCSI storage is taking hold in larger companies as well. According to the 2010 Storage magazine Purchasing Intentions survey which focuses on larger companies, 40% of respondents already use iSCSI SANs, and 41% plan to deploy iSCSI SAN systems this year.
PTS designs and deploys iSCSI SAN networks on behalf of clients by providing a complete analysis of client storage requirements via our IT Storage & Data Protection Consulting service. You can learn more about our SAN services and solutions at:o learn more about PTS’ Storage Consulting Services by contacting us or visiting:
- Enterprise Storage Solutions
- iSCSI Storage, IT Storage & Data Protection Consulting
- IT Assessment Service – Storage & Data Protection
- IT Needs Analysis Service – Storage & Data Protection
- IT Network Attached Storage, Storage Area Network & Data Protection Consulting
- IT Network Storage & Data Protection Consulting
- IT Planning – Technology Roadmap – Storage & Data Protection
- IT Server Storage, Storage Area Network & Data Protection Consulting
- IT Site Survey Service (Architecture & Infrastructure – Storage & Data Protection)
- SAN Appliance Consulting
- SAN Storage & Data Protection Consulting
- SCSI SAN & Data Protection Consulting
- SCSI SAN, Storage & Data Protection Consulting
Visit PTS Computer Room Design to search by manufacturer, product, product category, or solution.