PTS offers a comprehensive array of facility and support infrastructure assessment services aimed at providing clients with recommendations that save money, reduce the time spent implementing upgrades and improvements, and maximize the availability of data centers, computer rooms, and other mission critical facilities.
Assess and rate the data center’s supporting infrastructure across a broad cross-section of its operational areas, including:
Assess and rate the data center’s supporting infrastructure across a broad cross-section of its operational attributes, including:
Assess the ability of the facility services and supporting infrastructure (e.g., utility switchgear, emergency power, UPS, PDU, CRAC, etc.) to provide space, power, and cooling capacity for both the existing and future load conditions.
Assess and rate the ability of the existing site and supporting infrastructure to provide high availability using PTS’ Data Center Rating Scale and/or one based on the Uptime Institute’s Data Center Rating Guidelines.
Assess the data center for critical deficiencies relating to:
- Identify vulnerabilities that threaten infrastructure availability
- Identify single points-of-failure
- Identify limitations to concurrent maintainability
- Identify limitations to fault tolerance
- Compile a prioritized list of recommendations to mitigate risk, and improve overall facility and support infrastructure operations
|Assess the data center across all facility impacting areas that affect its continuous operation||Establishes a visual reference as to the ability of the data center to support uninterrupted operations across all facility impacting areas|
|Assess the data center for all attributes that affect its continuous operation||Establishes a visual reference as to the ability of the data center to support uninterrupted operations by attribute|
|Align space, power, and cooling requirements with the business’ needs and objectives||Understand the critical load availability requirements to appropriately design the reliability, redundancy, maintainability, and fault tolerance attributes of the supporting infrastructure|
|Document findings and critical deficiencies as compared to the design requirements and define recommendations||Understand the present data center operations’ present deficiencies and recommendations for mitigating them|
PTS’ Data Center Site Assessment services represent only one (1) of the eleven (11) step progression of the data center project process. Typically, PTS’ Needs and Survey Services are a prerequisite in delivering these Site Assessment Services.
PTS’ Site Assessment Services are available in three (3) different detail levels to more accurately align with your requirements and budget constraints:
For each approach, PTS engineers develop and deliver a report including an Availability Scorecard. The scorecard provides a red-light approach and visual aid to easily ascertain areas of concern related to the site assessment and reliability of the facility supporting infrastructure. Depending upon the required level of detail the report and scorecard varies in detail and complexity. Scorecard examples are shown below:
To learn more about other PTS Site Selection Services, contact us or visit:
- Data Center Planning & Pre-Design Services
- PTS Data Center Power & Cooling Systems Analysis
- Data Center Feasibility Consulting
- Data Center Project Cost Estimating
- Data Center Availability & Risk Assessment
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Thermography Assessment Service
- PTS Data Center Energy Usage Assessment Service
- PTS Virtualization Strategies & Assessments
- IT Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Data Center Server Planning & Feasibility
- Data Center Storage Area Network (SAN) and Data Protection Planning & Feasibility