Data Centers from Edge to Cloud
Providing infrastructure solutions specializing in highly available, scalable, redundant and manageable, turnkey solutions for IT environments from utility-to-desktop
PTS provides Air Containment Systems (ACS) for hot-aisle/cold-aisle containment. The solutions reduce data center cooling costs by directing cold air where it is needed most – through the computer racks.
Data center managers across the county are discovering that ACS or airlock systems consisting of clear panels, vinyl curtains, door enclosure solutions or strip doors are ideal for use in computer data centers where hot-aisle/cold-aisle containment is important. Hot-aisle/cold-aisle design is the data center best practice where server racks are lined up in alternating rows with cold-air intakes all facing one aisle and hot-air exhausts facing the other. Cool air is vented into the cold air aisles, directed through the computer racks, and into the warm air aisles.
By further separating the hot and cold air aisles with an ACS, managers can effectively separate cold air aisles from warm air aisles, directing cool air where it is needed most in the data center: through the computer racks. Additionally, a study by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory finds facilities that use curtains or partitions to direct airflow in data centers, “can save energy on both air conditioning and fan systems – 15% and 67%, respectively.”
The key design criteria parameters serve as a basis to monitor and properly manage the data center. Use of PTS ACS solutions provide clear return-on-investment as an integral component of the eleven-step computer room design and management process.
Slash Energy Costs with Better Air Flow Dynamics
PTS’s data center cooling solutions help protect your critical operations while enabling you to reduce operating costs and increase capacity. With hot aisle cold aisle isolation you can depend on easy-to-deploy data center partitions with superior safety features and high quality.
Data Center Curtains were developed with a singular goal: to provide the finest quality curtains for achieving hot-aisle/cold-aisle containment in the data center. The curtains are engineered for performance, and exceed all fire and safety standards. Quality products are made from virgin materials to provide extra clear transparency and protection against yellowing and cracking.
Choose from proprietary material options that include vinyls with ESD resistance and those that are free from outgassing. All Data Center Curtains are tested to NFPA and ASTM E-84 Class 1 standards for flame and smoke generation, guaranteed to help maintain compliance with local fire codes.
Additionally, there is a selection of mounting systems that offer solutions to existing infrastructure in the legacy data center. There are virtually limitless options for new installations. Modular design allows for easy installation and expansion in the event of a growing data center.
Features and Benefits
- Cost Savings: increased capacity and stabilized temperatures will cut power costs and help take advantage of utility company rebates.
- Modular designs: allows for easy expansion and reconfiguration to meet the changing needs of your evolving data center.
- Integration: data center containment curtains can be used in conjunction with end-of-aisle solutions, doors, hardwall partitions and ceiling modules for a complete data center approach.
- Various Material Options: choose from a wide variety of materials to suit your needs, including proprietary materials that meet NFPA 76 data center standard, the ASTM E-84 standards and are Class 1 fire rated, with the lowest smoke and flame spread ratings available.
- Sizing Options: specify full length ceiling-to-floor curtains, or custom lengths for above-the-rack installations.
- Overlapping Design: vinyl panels are 40 mil thick and 48 inches wide, with four-inch overlaps to prevent leakage.
- Data Center Strip Doors: end-of-aisle access is easy with strip doors, as the strips come back together easily to limit air loss from one area to another.
- Molded Corner Design: molded, wraparound corners form superior seals in the data center.
- Fire Safety: Hardware is designed so that curtains fall away in the case of a fire, allowing sprinklers full operating range.
Easy Mounting and Assembly
There is a unique array of strip door and curtain mountings that allow you to customize your enclosures and barriers. Mountings are extruded from 6063-T5 aluminum and come in standard anodized clear coat.
Data Center Hardwall Enclosures
Data Center Hardwall Systems enable hot aisle and cold aisle regions in the data center that have the performance of hardwalls, but still retain the modular capabilities.
Our system features Active Channel Technology. This technology is found in the two-piece extrusion frame and allows the end user to adjust the insert channel of the data center frame to accommodate different sizes of solid inserts—from 1/8″ to 3/8″. Choose from a wide variety of insert materials, including polycarbonate, polypropylene, ABS, aluminum composite, acrylic, or even tempered glass.
The Active Channel Technology design creates a snug interior mounting of the panel insert that is flush with the frame, keeping the assembled hardwall panel looking sleek and modern in appearance.
Contact PTS for your Next Data Center Project
You shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to your data center. Our expert team assesses your unique needs, and then employs a proven data center plan that reduces the amount of support infrastructure you will need.
The result is higher efficiency, reduced complexity and better resiliency at lower cost… all at the same time.
Contact us for a quick chat to discuss how a smarter design for your data center can save you money.
Contact PTS today:
Data Centers from Edge to Cloud Our Focus PTS’ Data Center Maintenance Management Software solution (DCMMS) provides a complete & integrated management platform for