Data Centers from Edge to Cloud
PTS’ Data Center Maintenance Management Software solution (DCMMS) provides a complete & integrated management platform for operational maintenance of a data center and its support infrastructure
PTS’ Data Center Maintenance Management Software (DCMMS) solution provides a complete & integrated managed solution for operational maintenance for the data center and its support infrastructure.
If you could summarize data center management in one word it would be information. This information must be complete, accurate, have audit capability, and provide an integration layer. Can you answer the following questions?
- How long does it take to deploy a new server?
- Who can you contact to get the accurate status for a project?
- For any given IT service, can you name all the servers on which it relies to properly operate?
- Do you have the capacity (power, cooling and space) to add 10 new blade servers?
If you can’t answer these questions, it is probably because you don’t have the tools you need to provide the information you need to do your job. The following illustration shows the various data center management functions, with information as the core:
- Planning – Translate business needs into data center requirements
- Design – Design proper infrastructure to meet data center requirements
- Operations – Consistent, repeatable processes for running the data center
- Monitoring – Collect data to ensure data center is operating as designed
- Predictive Analysis – Analyze data for input into planning process
There are a number of solutions available today for Data Center Management or IT Infrastructure Management. Data Center Management Software solutions exist for monitoring, operational management, planning, design, and predictive analysis.
Data Center Management solutions provide managers with the ability to perform a variety of tasks. As a consultancy providing a Complete View of Your Data Center: Integrating IT and Facilities, PTS is unique and comprehensive in its view of Data Center Management tools. For Data Center Management, PTS includes eleven (11) categories:
- Asset Management. Provide database tracking of IT and/or support (facility) infrastructure assets which may or may not include auto discovery and change management
- Asset Location Management. Provide automated physical location tracking of IT and/or support (facility) infrastructure assets.
- Real-Time Monitoring. Provide hardware and/or software for automated real-time data capture of temperature, humidity, power, security, leak detection, camera surveillance, etc.
- Energy Management. Provide automated real-time data analysis of energy usage for IT and/or supporting infrastructure resulting in PUE trending.
- Capacity Planning. Provide real-time data analysis for space, power, and cooling capacity planning.
- Optimization Management. Provide IT performance versus available resource analysis.
- Documentation Management. Provide online document retention, management, and control.
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) Modeling. Provide dynamic airflow and temperature modeling for predictive analysis of cooling systems performance.
- Maintenance Management. Provide maintenance management including scheduling, service history, entitlement tracking, cost analysis, etc.
- Power Connectivity Management. Provide power connectivity management in device hierarchical manner.
- Data Connectivity Management. Provide data connectivity management in device hierarchical manner.
One area, Data Center Maintenance Management Software lags behind the others.
PTS Data Center Maintenance Management Software (DCMMS) solution provides IT and Facility managers with the ability to schedule and track preventive maintenance on data center infrastructure, create work orders and keep track of assets and spare parts required for maintenance. It also provides a number of reports to allow you to track costs and system downtime due to maintenance activities. The solution provides a complete & integrated managed solution for operational maintenance for the data center and its support infrastructure.
The DCMMS solution provides a solution previously unavailable to data center managers for effective and efficient maintenance of support infrastructure. This is the last step in the eleven-step process for proper management of a data center.
Let PTS Help you Manage your Data Center
You shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to your data center. Our expert team assesses your unique needs, and then employs a proven data center plan that reduces the amount of support infrastructure you will need. The result is higher efficiency, reduced complexity and better resiliency at lower cost… all at the same time.
Reach out to us to discuss how a smarter approach for your data center can save you money.
Contact PTS Today:
DICE National: Data Center Operations and Cooling Digital Summit (Webinar): Efficiency, Automation, and Cooling Innovation with Pete Sacco, PTS Data Center Solutions, and other Data Center Professionals.
Data Centers from Edge to Cloud Our Focus PTS’ Data Center Maintenance Management Software solution (DCMMS) provides a complete & integrated management platform for