Data Centers from Edge to Cloud
To manage a stress-free data cabling installation for your company
Fusion splicing is the act of joining two optical fibers end-to-end using heat. The goal is to fuse the two fibers together in such a way that light passing through the fibers is not scattered or reflected back by the splice, and so that the splice and the region surrounding it are almost as strong as the virgin fiber itself.
The process involves four components to prepare the fiber optic cable and complete the fusion itself:
- Stripping the Fiber by removing the outer jacketing and buffer layers
- Cleaning the Fiber to confirm there are no external materials present
- Cleaving the Fiber using the score-and-break method so its ends are perfectly flat and perpendicular to the axis of the fiber
- Splicing the Fibers by introducing them to a high heat source that bonds then together.
PTS offers full-service fusion splicing solutions for a variety of applications, including:
- Fiber Optic Network Moves, Adds & Changes
- Allowing a factory/manufacturer-certified connector to be used
- Pigtail Connector Terminating
- Emergency Fiber Repairs
- Temporary Network Installs
PTS’ experienced team is equipped with all of the necessary equipment to perform fusion splicing, including:
- Fusion Splicer
- Climate-Controlled Splice Trailer
- Shelter Equipment
- Splice Trays & Enclosures
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) Test Equipment
The keys to becoming your trusted data cabling provider:
- Be competitively priced
- Respond quickly to requests for quotes (RFQs)
- Produce quality work on time and on schedule
- Perform exceptional data cabling project management
- Deliver superior quality control
- Supply outstanding project closeouts with proper documentation, as built drawings, and test results
To this end, PTS’ track record speaks for itself regardless of whether you require union or non-union labor. Our technicians and data cabling project managers are trained and BICSI certified to ensure that every installation we complete is done to exacting standards.
|Data Cabling Services
PTS provides a full suite of data cabling services and solutions, whether you require customer premise cabling infrastructure, data center cabling, patch panels, fiber optic splicing and installation, CATV, or other types of cabling deployed.
|Certifications and Partners
PTS Data Center Solutions is certified and trained to work with many solutions manufacturers for data cabling projects. These manufacturers are the leading suppliers in the industry for structured cabling solutions and associated products.
PTS personnel have deployed and managed data cabling projects throughout the New York metro area for over 15 years. Our installers and contractors ensure the highest quality service and strive to exceed your expectations every step of the way.
Data Cabling Services
Contact PTS for your Next Data Cabling Project
You shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to your data center. Our expert team assesses your unique needs, and then employs a proven data center plan that reduces the amount of support infrastructure you will need.
The result is higher efficiency, reduced complexity and better resiliency at lower cost… all at the same time.
Contact us for a quick chat to discuss how a smarter design for your data center can save you money.
Contact PTS today:
Data Centers from Edge to Cloud Our Focus We design, build, and operate data centers that are great for companies
DICE National: Data Center Operations and Cooling Digital Summit (Webinar): Efficiency, Automation, and Cooling Innovation with Pete Sacco, PTS Data Center Solutions, and other Data Center Professionals.
How can data center operators insulate themselves from the increasing risks posed by aging centralized power grids prone to outages