Top 6 Small Business Cybersecurity Considerations
- Accept the Harsh Reality: You ARE the target, and you have far less resources to throw at the problem than the big guys.
“There was a 424% increase in new small business cyber breaches last year”
- Lock Down Access: Find your gaps and have an assessment done immediately. At bare minimum, you need a firewall/VPN and anti-virus protection.
- Regular Security Training and Education: If your employees can’t recognize spam, phishing, spear phishing, malware, and ransomware, then you are at grave risk.
“90% of all the cybersecurity breaches are phishing attacks”
“According to HIPAA, the average ransom payment in Q1, 2022 was $211,259 and the median ransom payment was $73,906”
“According to the 2019 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report, 43% of data breaches are from small businesses”
- Passwords and Authentication: Unique and/or regularly changing passwords are no longer secure; you now need multi-factor authentication, and a password management tool.
“In the first half of 2022, there were around 236.1 million ransomware attacks globally”
“During 2021, at least 15.45% of internet users worldwide experienced at least 1 malware-class attack, which includes ransomware”
“Ransomware has accounted for around 20% of cyber breaches so far in 2022”
- Regular and Reliable Backups: Data protection and recovery will make or break a small business when disaster strikes.
“A recent survey of 400 small firms found that 27% of them have no cybersecurity protocols at all. And, 25% of them have difficulty implementing even the most basic security including routinely backing up their data”
- Cyber Insurance: Cyberattacks have become inevitable, and will incur a hefty loss, and can potentially put you out of business.
“60% of small businesses that are victims of a cyber-attack go out of business within six months”
”According to the report by Kaspersky Lab, the average cost of a breach for a small business is about USD 38,000, a hefty amount to cope up”
DICE National: Data Center Operations and Cooling Digital Summit (Webinar): Efficiency, Automation, and Cooling Innovation with Pete Sacco,
We’re looking for an Entry Level Electrical Engineer to join our team. PTS is an adaptive, coaching, and
Join the PTS Team as our Construction Manager. PTS Data Center Solutions is a leader in data
In a recent webinar, Pete Sacco (PTS Data Center Solutions), Yasir Ali (Polymer), and John Gomez (Sensato) discussed
In this recently recorded webinar, Pete Sacco (PTS Data Center Solutions) joins Allison Boen (Immersion Edge) and other
PTS partner Sensato recently hosted the webinar: “A Cyber Hacker’s Perspective – A Live Q&A” with the chance
Pete Sacco (PTS Data Center Solutions), Yasir Ali (Polymer), and John Gomez (Sensato) will be discussing how to
DICE National: Data Center Operations and Cooling Digital Summit recording available: Designing for the Edge with Pete Sacco,
Webinar Data Center Development Innovation for the New Age of Facilities. Learn how end users and providers are
Let PTS Manage your IT Environment
We design, implement and manage client IT environments that result in flawless user experiences, are aligned with their business’ strategy, undergo continuous process improvements and result in predictable costs.
PTS also offers support on many cloud-based services that will allow you to shift your IT resources more towards innovation, than routine maintenance.