- Have You Completed a Mission Critical Facility Upgrade Which Missed Key Deliverables?
- Did the Project’s Actual Costs Rise Significantly Above the Project Budget?
- Are You Concerned About Power & Cooling Due to the Addition of High Density IT Components?
- Are You Unsure How Best to Build a Highly Available Facility?
Successful computer room design entails a thorough understanding of both facility and IT design requirements. PTS leverages its integrated IT and facility planning and engineering expertise and experience to create a facility that supports the IT load while being energy efficient and highly maintainable.
PTS’ programs for mission critical facility development begin by identifying the key design criteria (KDCs) for the two (2) main areas of the project focus within the facility: the Technology Infrastructure (IT) and the Support Infrastructure (the Facility). The following table provides a look at how PTS maps the KDCs against availability requirements, power & cooling density, and overall business objectives. It is through a thorough understanding of the project’s KDCs that allow PTS to ultimately provide an effective, always available computer or server room facility within a client budget window.
PTS’ approach begins with a thorough planning & feasibility phase prior to implementation of architectural and engineering services. This approach leverages the first four phases of the PTS data center project process for successful planning leading into cohesive design services which support client requirements.
The PTS capabilities provided for a Computer Room Design project include Planning & Feasibility and Design & Engineering as follows:
- Key Design Criteria (KDC) Development Establish Load, Availability, and Deployment Density Design Criteria
- Site Surveys Survey the Existing Conditions to Establish Facility Constraints
- Assessment Services Establish Recommendations for Upgrade and/or Improvement
- Conceptual Design with CFD Modeling Establish a Visual Representation of the Recommendations and Verify Design Considerations using CFD Models
- Project Cost Estimating Establish a Project Cost Estimate Including All Hardware, Labor, and Professional Services
- Preliminary Master Project Schedule Development Establish a Preliminary Schedule to Understand the Project Timeline
- Architectural & Engineering Design Plan and Engineer Room, Floor, Physical Security , and Other Intrinsic Elements Using Design Approaches Necessary for Mission Critical Facilities
To learn more about PTS’ Computer Room Design services and how they can help you meet your Mission Critical Facility Requirements, contact us or visit: