Data Center Consulting
Data Center Relocation Coordination & Implementation
Computer Room Relocation Implementation Service
PTS provides comprehensive planning, project management, and implementation services for clients requiring Computer Room Relocation due to consolidations,
migrations, acquisitions, business moves, or other strategic business reasons. PTS provides specific technical expertise and labor to prepare all IT and facilities equipment for relocation, load and transport all equipment, re-install and recertify equipment, and document and hand off to client operational and IT personnel.
PTS' Computer Room Relocation Implementation Service provides quality pre-move, move, and post-move services to support computer room relocations which fall within the ninth phase of
the PTS data center project process.
Data Center relocations are expensive and require specific expertise and experience. Therefore, we recommend completing these programs using skilled personnel intimately familiar with IT migrations.
PTS fully specifies and implements all elements of the relocation program. Specific activities include:
- Project Management. Detailed project schedule, team structure, and PTS and Client Requirements are developed. Comprehensive communications across all partners including client, PTS, landlord (if applicable), and other subcontractors are completed by PTS project management personnel as preparation for onsite work is completed.
- Pre-Move Site Preparation. PTS relocation professionals arrive onsite and perform a pre-move assessment of all infrastructure to verify size, count, physical layout, packing requirements, labeling of all devices, cables, and equipment with specific information for new rack location, position, and integration requirements, path for transport from the facility, cabling requirements, and other facility and IT requirements.
- Move Plan Creation (if necessary). PTS develops and delivers a complete Move Plan specifying all aspects of the Computer Room Relocation program including labeling, de-installation, packing, transport, unloading, unpacking, re-installation, re-cabling (if separately contracted to do so), re-certification of equipment per the OEM (if optionally contracted to do so), documentation, clean-up, and other miscellaneous tasks associated with the relocation.
- Move Implementation. PTS personnel perform de-installation, packing, loading, transporting, unloading, re-installation, and recertification of equipment per the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
- Post-Move Consulting. Project completion activities including punch list completion, move review, documentation, and clean-up.
The full scope of PTS relocation activities are shown in the following diagram:
|Project Management & Communications
||PTS manages all aspects of the facility and IT infrastructure relocation so clients can concentrate on business-related move elements and maintaining corporate functions during the transition
|Defined Relocation Approach
||By leveraging the PTS data center relocation approach, many typical pitfalls are anticipated in advance, contingency plans are in place, and possible problems are avoided
|Defined Roles & Responsibilities
||All partner, vendor, supplier, subcontractor, and client personnel understand their roles and responsibilities related to the relocation; this clear understanding helps to avoid problems and delays in the project schedule
|Pre-move Assessment & Site Preparation
||PTS prepares the current facility and IT equipment for the relocation including labeling of all equipment; labeling includes device specifications, relocation position, cabling requirements, and other device-specific requirements; this allows PTS to verify proper re-assembly and reduces the overall time to re-establish network devices
|Move Implementation Services
||Efficient management of de-install, load, transport, unload, re-install, and re-cabling (if contracted to provide) shortens the actual network downtime and allows the business to effectively manage business operations during the migration with as few hours of business operational downtime as possible
|Recertification of Equipment
||To maintain warranties and avoid downtime and possible capital expenditures, PTS performs a complete recertification of all relocated equipment per OEM requirements (optional service)
||Project completion activities with punch list completion, move reviews, documentation of all relocated elements, clean-up, and client acceptance allows the business to focus back on operations quickly and efficiently
Back to the Top