The experts at PTS know that the needs of a computer room differ from those of a facility’s overall data center. To serve as a functional space within a data center, a computer rooms success is dependent on good planning and the implementation of the right technologies.
Assessing the needs of your company is the first step toward designing a secure and efficient computer room. As the main location for network and server infrastructure, special consideration must be given to a computer rooms cooling system, humidity control, air distribution, power protection and distribution, fire safety, floor layout and loading, service clearances, cable pathways, physical security, signage, and more.
The PTS capabilities provided for a Computer Room Design project typically include some of the following tasks:
- Key Design Criteria (KDC) Development Establish Load, Availability, and Deployment Density Design Criteria
- Site Surveys Survey the Existing Conditions to Establish Facility Constraints
- Assessment Services Establish Recommendations for Upgrade and/or Improvement
- Conceptual Design with CFD Modeling Establish a Visual Representation of the Recommendations and Verify Design Considerations using CFD Models
- Project Cost Estimating Establish a Project Cost Estimate Including All Hardware, Labor, and Professional Services
- Preliminary Master Project Schedule Development Establish a Preliminary Schedule to Understand the Project Timeline
- Architectural & Engineering Design Plan and Engineer Room, Floor, Physical Security , and Other Intrinsic Elements Using Design Approaches Necessary for Mission Critical Facilities
PTS’ Computer Room Planning & Pre-Design services serve as the initial phase in the progression of the data center project process and data center lifecycle. This approach leverages the first four phases of the PTS Computer Room project process for successful planning leading into cohesive design services which support client requirements.
PTS computer room design focuses on the integration of best-of-breed IT and facility infrastructures. We strive to deliver a space that meets the business objectives of the company, but that has the flexibility to grow and change as business conditions change. To that end, a computer room should not merely accommodate current needs, but should allow for expansion along with the changing technology and the business landscape. By installing additional resources for system redundancy, hardware upgrades can be handled without fear of network failures. These redundancies should be worked into future computer room expansions as well.
Whether your company requires the base-building design for an entirely new computer room, plans to relocate current facilities, or seeks to expand within your current environment, PTS offers high quality service from beginning to end. Our experts will work hard to optimize your investments, improve network performance, achieve availability objectives and avoid costly problems.
Please contact us and tell us about your project. Give us the opportunity and well provide you with the justification you need to convince your management to take the next step.
To learn more about PTS’ Computer Room Design services and how they can help you meet your Mission Critical Facility Requirements, visit: