Data Center Design & Engineering
PTS Communications Cabling Design & Bid Specification Documentation Service
PTS Communications Cabling Design & Bid Specification Documentation Service provides the labor for the due diligence process to determine the full scope of your company's telecommunications needs, the design of a structured cabling system that serves those needs, the creation of various written documents in AIA format, and the creation of prints visually detailing the specifics of the telecommunications work to be performed. The latter documentation can then be utilized to solicit bids from potential data cabling company contractors.
This provides a company with a non-biased, independent, assessment of the current data center cabling infrastructure performance as well as design recommendations and specifications to eliminate scheduled and unscheduled downtime. The assessment includes a comprehensive computer room site inspection, determination of the full scope of the company telecommunications needs, the design of a suitable structured cabling system and the creation of written reports, prints and specification documents:
Data Center Design
Discovery Process to properly determine the specification and requirements of this project. Areas of research will include determining the following:
- General technology review
- Pathways for horizontal and riser distribution
- Horizontal telecommunications cabling requirements for both voice and data
- Riser telecommunications requirements
- MC & ER layout requirements to determine rack/cabinet locations and cable support/management requirements
- Equipment rack/cabinet layouts, i.e. equipment placement, patch panel placement and wire management
Written Specifications for the following sections of a typical Division 17 of an AIA (American Institute of Architects) formatted Contract. All drafts will be complete related to the technical design, manufacturer's requirements and EIA/TIA/BICSI standards pertaining to the telecommunications aspects of the project including:
- Abbreviations and Definitions
- General Scope of Work
- References and Standards
- Equipment and materials
- Execution / Installation
- Quality Assurance
PTSdcs will submit all prints and written documents in electronic format. The following prints are typical of a complete set:
PTS Communications Cabling
Design Service Brochure
(Registration Required) Floor Telecommunication Detail - This print will show drop designations for each type of telecommunications outlet required.
- General Notes & Symbol List - This print will have general notes regarding specific conditions and stipulations of the installation and will also show a legend for telecommunications symbols used on prints.
- Wall Plate Configurations - This print will show all variations of wall plate configurations as references by the telecommunications symbols.
- Riser Drawing - This print will represent the riser requirements for voice and data between floors and will show pathways, cable types and appropriate sizing.
- MC (Main Cross-Connect) - This print will be the layout of the MC room. The print will show racks/cabinets positioning, any cable support necessary such as ladder racking, any wall boards to be installed and riser entrance points.
- ER (Equipment Room) - This print will be the layout of the ER room. The print will show racks/cabinets positioning, any cable support necessary such as ladder racking, any wall boards to be installed and riser entrance points.
- Rack/Cabinet Elevations - This print will show elevation details for the general layout of the racks/cabinets as pertaining to the telecommunications needs of this project.
Typically, our fee as a data cabling company includes all travel and labor required for the successful completion of your company's project.
Back to the Top